Monday, July 26, 2010

Stress relieving Teriyaki Salmon

My week has gotten of to a REALLY bad start. Parents, friends, school, work and health. Alla dat. Right before Crispy Boyfriend left to Atlanta, we made this recipe. NOT GOOD. We had actually used Kikkoman's Teriyaki marinade. Do not touch. Tastes nothing like teriyaki and more like regular soy sauce. I had mixed it with a little sambal and I'd like to think that was the only ingredient that gave the fish any type of flavor. It was agreed that the fish wasn't bad, but very salty. I think it's safe to say it received a 5 from me. Browsing around All Recipes, I found an interesting teriyaki marinade that consisted of cinnamon. The sweet and the spicy made me quite happy. I jumped around for joy after the first bite.



Teriyaki Salmon
From All Recipes

1 tbsp + 1 tsp water
1 tbsp + 1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp sambal (optional)

1/2 lb of salmon filets

Mix all the ingredients. Let the salmon filets marinade for about a half hour to an hour. I let them sit for an hour. When ready to cook, pour the remaining marinade over the fish and smother the sambal on top if using.

For the oven, bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes. For the grill, cook on medium until the fish is firm when you poke it. Pour heated marinade over warm rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment